Roof Color Selection and What to Consider
Getting a new roof is so exciting! It’s a chance to completely revamp the look of your home. But it’s also a scary decision because you will live with your choice for a long time. Where do you start? Here are seven things to consider before making that final decision.
- The climate you in which you live. The color of your shingles can affect the temperature of your attic by 20 to 40 degrees! This can make a big difference in the heating or cooling cost of your home. Light shingles deflect sunlight and help keep temperatures down in hotter climates, while dark shingles absorb heat and help homes stay warm in colder climates. Dark shingles also help snow and ice on your roof melt faster.
- Shingle color coordination with colors found elsewhere in the bricks, wooden siding, stone, stucco or trim on your home. For example, a dark gray or black roof will look good with a gray or blue house, while a brown, cream or tan colored house will match better with brown shingles or a mix of cream and brown. Green, red, yellow, or other colors have more flexibility and can be accented by brown, gray, or black.
- Your architectural style and colors of your home should be kept in mind. Dark colors make a home look smaller and light colors make a home look larger.
- Whether or not to “make a statement” and pick an unusual color combination with your home or if you want to be more traditional.
- Neighborhood considerations such as homeowner’s association and subdivision rules and covenants. It’s also nice if your roof doesn’t exactly match or clash with your nearby neighbor’s roof.
- The availability of colors in your area is a consideration because the color/brand you want may not be available in your area. For example, The Roofing Wizard by GAF will tell you what GAF color shingles are available near you.
Interested in seeing a variety of roofing shingle colors? Give the Eagle Roofing Company a call today! Call 817-507-8152 to speak with one of our roofing experts!
The Eagle Roofing Company proudly serves the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas and surrounding area. We offer a variety of roofing & construction services from residential to commercial projects. We’re a locally owned and operated company. In most cases you will deal with the owner of the company not just a sales representative, like most roofing companies.
The Eagle Roofing would love to assist you with your projects. They’re committed to serving customers with prompt, valuable, and superior products and service; as well as giving their clients the peace of mind that the installation of their new roof has been installed to the highest standard with a paramount attention to detail.
We proudly serve the Dallas/Fort Worth including but not limited to Colleyville, Southlake, Keller, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, North Richland Hills, Haltom City, Watauga, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Westlake, Denton, Lewisville, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Irving and surrounding areas. Please feel free to contact us at 817-507-8152 to assist with your roofing and construction needs.