Summer is in full gear and the sun is hotter than ever. The blazing sun can damage more than you can imagine; your roof is important and keeping it in the best shape possible during the summer months can help you avoid having to pay a lot of money for repairs in the future. Here are some helpful tips that you can do yourself in order to keep your roof in the best condition:
- Make sure to check and clean all gutters and downspouts so that water can flow through without blockage.
- If you have a skylight, don’t forget to check for clutter behind it.
- Check your roof for cracking shingles, or shingles that are missing.
- Checks your fans to make sure they are working properly.
- While on your roof, make sure to take pictures of before and after to make sure there aren’t any major changes since your last check.
- Mold damage happens fast. Make sure that nothing is moldy or damaged from mold, and if there is mold damage, call your roofing company right away to make quick repairs.
- Block all the places where small creatures can invade.
- Check sealants to make sure they are still in good shape.
- Make sure your eaves and overhangs don’t have stains from water.
- If you find that your roof has major damage, contact your Roofing Company right away.
Inspecting your roof can be dangerous, this is why knowing where and how to step on your roof is of the highest importance. If you are not aware of how and where to step, your roof can be damaged and you could have an accident. If you don’t feel confident climbing to the top of your roof, contact The Eagle Roofing Company to help you inspect your roof. Routine maintenance are very important. Check your roof every season to save you money and time.